Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Completed Summer Projects!




I actually completed some of my many on-going projects over the summer.  Yes, its a miracle.  It's the plight of the mini maker, a thousand projects on the go and the guilt associated with never finishing most of them.  

I made this grey velvet sofa for the charity build.  But I like it so much I am going to make myself one!  It's a little too deep for me, so I will slim this design down. It was a nice thin velvet, so it was easy to manipulate and not too bulky.

I also finished the Tabriz rug kit from Janet Granger.  The kit said small, and I never read instructions so I went with it.  Ha!! It's just over 8'x5', not very small at all!  Possibly the most boring stitching project that I've done, but I love the pattern.  It can go in any room and any era.  The rust colour isn't too red or orange either, so it doesn't over power a room.

This evening I started gluing down the fixed elements on the charity build, the cabinets and the TV unit.  Tomorrow I will glue in the ceiling light.  I'm making good progress (so far!).

It's Miss Kitty's first day of Kindergarten tomorrow.  Mini me is growing up!






Where To Buy / Where To Find


17 comments :

  1. I honestly thought for a few seconds, the picture was not of minis. You've got some awesome through the window backdrop going on there. Love the colors in the rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keli! I did the photos around 5pm when the sun is less intense. I put the house up against the rocks that line my flower beds and the greenery/grass on the ground is a decorative turf that comes in a roll at Michaels (spring time). I'm going to buy more!

      Delete
  2. Amazing! Everything is so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingi. Sometimes my phone surprises me with a good shot!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Keli, your first picture I was thinking the wall art was your project and you'd gotten it done for your living room. Love how everything looks. And your rug is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I love the picture (and wish I could paint that well!) I can't recall the artist but I cut it out of a design magazine.

      Delete
  4. Yep, that's a perfectly realistic mini scene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! This scene is Marvelous becuase it looks Exactly like a Real Life home!
    All of the elements work beautifully together, with the throw cushions complimenting your Lovely area rug to a "T". The sofa looks like a grey suede and has the right amount of nap and sheen to it. Your plants in front of the window and the Fab looking glass coffee table, are Spot On! WELL DONE Kat, for completing a summer project to Perfection ♡ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I have a ton of that velvet (let me know if you ever have a need for any!) and I love it. That rug was a labour of love and now that it's done I'm thrilled

      Delete
  6. This looks great Kat! How cool is that little green desk lamp?? Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I won the lamp from Pepper's giveaway a while back. Best thing I've ever won! It's the anglepoise lamp by David provan

      Delete
  7. Another gorgeous room! Truly magazine worthy!!! I am glad you are going to make another sofa with that material - it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I won't lie, I put it together in about 10 minutes while grandpa was distracting the little one. Once and a while it clicks.....the other 98% percent of the time the pics are meh. Lol.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean but yours are NEVER meh!

      Delete